BBRecruiting is currently seeking for an international, Asia based market leader in chemical technology for a Director Research & Development (R&D) Paper and Aluminum (m/f) in Ludwigshafen a.Rh., Germany.
This position is a key member of the leadership team of an international, Asia based market leader in chemical technology. The Research & Development Director interacts with several other business and corporate R&D Directors, as well as their respective group managers. He/she will coordinate with international counterparts to drive enhancement to this major players global capabilities an must understand the long-term strategies and development interests of their business units to evolve capabilities to meet business needs.
The ideal candidate will have good management skills and is ready to take over the responsibility of the described function from the very beginning, he / she will have the capability and potential to take over additional responsibility by also heading the Water R&D activities in approx. 5 to 7 years.
Due to retirement of the position holder end of March 2017 we are currently seeking for a successor as
Director R&D Paper and Aluminum
– Executive position in the international Chemical Industry – Ludwigshafen, Germany –
- Chemist or similar qualification, focused on organic and/or polymer chemistry and analytics
- Knowledge about Paper, Al-Compounds and Water Treatment Business requirements
- 10+ years of experience in R&D
- 5+ years of experience in management functions
- Business driven and self-motivated
- Fluent in English
- Fulfilling of the whole spectrum as head of research and development for Paper and Aluminum, especially
- Leading the corresponding R&D team (6 direct reports)
- Close collaboration with Application Technology, Sales and Marketing to steer the R&D activities strategically and market oriented
- Collaboration and close communication with our Corporate Global R&D center
- Work split: 60% laboratory and 40% administration
- All industries, businesses and/or companies with R&D activities for functional chemicals, process chemicals and aluminum compounds serving the following industries and application fields:
- Paper Industry: Tissue & Towels, Packaging Paper & Board, Graphic Paper and Decor Paper
- Construction and chemical industry: Inorganic Al-salts, setting accelerators for cement systems
- Municipal and industrial water treatment applications
- Full time
- Executive level
- Expected/estimated salary: fix plus + Bonus (~ 20%)
- Company pension schema
Please apply by sending your CV to email email@example.com.
Questions? Please contact Birgit Bruns, +49 171 225 4474